Main Courses - for a unique dinning experience!
|Festive Maple Glazed Ham
1 small onion, sliced in rings (1)
3-4 lbs toupee ham or a ready-to-serve ham (1.4-1.8 kg)
9-15 whole cloves (9-15)
3-6 pineapple rings (3-6)
1/2 c. maple syrup (125 ml)
1-1/2 tsp. prepared mustard (8 ml)
1/4 tsp. ground pepper (1 ml)
1/2 c. apple juice or juice from pineapple tin (125ml)
1/2 c. water (125ml)
1/2 c. beer (125ml)
- Place onion slices in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place ham on top of onions, fat side up.
- Score the fat in a diamond pattern. Insert cloves.
- Place pineapple rings on top of ham, using the cloves or toothpicks to secure them.
- Combine the maple syrup, mustard & pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush half of the mixture over the ham.
- Combine juice, water & beer together and pour into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Bake at 325º F (160º C) for 1 ½ hours, basting occasionally with remaining maple syrup mixture. Add more water & juice if required.
|Maple Baked Chicken Breast
3-4 tbsp. flour (45-60 ml)
salt & pepper, to season
4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (4)
2 tbsp. butter (30 ml)
1 small onion, cut in rings (1)
1 c. maple syrup (250 ml)
1 c. water (250 ml)
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning (3 ml)
1 tsp. savory (5 ml)
1 tsp. lemon juice (5 ml)
1 tsp. lemon rind (5 ml)
- Mix flour with salt & pepper. Dredge the chicken breast
- in the flour mixture. Heat butter in frying pan and sear chicken breasts
- in butter until lightly browned. Place onion rings in bottom of shallow
- roasting pan. Place chicken breasts on top on onions. Mix all other
- ingredients together and pour over top of chicken. Cover and cook
- for one hour.
|Maple Glazed Pork Loin
1/2 c. vegetable oil (125 ml)
1/2 c. finely chopped onion (125 ml)
2 c. maple syrup (500 ml)
1/2 c. cider vinegar (125 ml)
3 tbsp. Dijon mustard (45 ml)
2-1/2 tbsp. dry mustard (38 ml)
1 tsp. black pepper (5 ml)
1 4-lb boneless pork loin (1)
Whisk oil, onion, maple syrup, cider vinegar, Dijon & dry mustard, & pepper together. Place in a medium saucepan on medium to high heat and boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the mixture down to 1-3/4 c. (about 20 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 425º F (220º C) degrees. Place loin in a
- shallow roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes, reduce temperature to
- 375º F (190º C). Brush the glaze over the entire roast and continue
- doing so every 10 minutes. Bake for 45 more minutes or until roast
- reads 155º F (70º C) on meat thermometer. When roast is cooked,
- remove from heat and let it set at least 30 minutes before carving.