Maple Baked Chicken Breast
3-4 tbsp. flour (45-60 ml)
salt & pepper, to season
4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (4)
2 tbsp. butter (30 ml)
1 small onion, cut in rings (1)
1 c. maple syrup (250 ml)
1 c. water (250 ml)
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning (3 ml)
1 tsp. savory (5 ml)
1 tsp. lemon juice (5 ml)
1 tsp. lemon rind (5 ml)
- Mix flour with salt & pepper. Dredge the chicken breast in the flour mixture.
- Heat butter in frying pan and sear chicken breasts in butter until lightly browned.
- Place onion rings in bottom of shallow roasting pan. Place chicken breasts on top on onions.
- Mix all other ingredients together and pour over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook for one hour.