Tomato Maple Cream Soup
1 tbsp. Oil (15mL)
2 tbsp. Butter (30mL)
2 chopped onions (2)
8-10 fresh tomatoes, diced (8-10)
2 c. tomato juice (500mL)
2 c. boiling water (500mL)
1 tsp. salt (5mL)
1 tsp. pepper (5mL)
1 tsp. celery salt (5mL)
2 tbsp. chicken soup base (30mL)
2 tbsp. granulated maple sugar (30mL)
1 tsp. fresh fine herbs (5mL)
2 c. warm milk (500mL)
3 tbsp. corn starch (45mL)
1/4 c. cold milk (60mL)
3/4 c. 18% cream (190mL)
1 tsp. fresh parsley (5mL)
- Sauté onion in oil and butter.
- Add tomatoes and juice and simmer for 10 min.
- Add boiling water, salt, pepper, celery salt, soup base, maple sugar and fine herbs, and simmer for 15 min.
- Add warm milk & purée in blender or food processor.
- Return to heat. Mix corn starch and cold milk together and add to soup.
- Cook until it thickens. Turn down the heat and add cream, sprinkle with fresh parsley.